Analyse the brief and project drivers
Listen to the client, end users and stakeholders
Explore by creating ideas, concepts and options
Challenge options, test preconceptions and the brief
Resolve and evolve solutions in concept and detail
Present, evaluate and discuss
Maintaining attention to detail
Agree the way forward
Manage the process and expectations
Control the programme and project contract sum
Fulfil the project brief and client aspirations
Enriched expertise through to completion and handover
Client Appraisal & Our Value and Investment Proposal
- Contact us and we will ask key points about your project, your aspirations and organise our initial consultation, we will formulate the project/client brief and identify possible constraints of development, including site conditions and planning policies.
- Conclude the information, requirements and consultants for the project and issue our fee proposal and our Plan of Work, unique to your project.
- To agree our appointment on your exciting project and to start the design stage.
- We use up to date 3D scanning equipment, meaning we are in and out of the property/building in minimal time on-site and more time in the studio extracting the data and preparing the existing package.
- To compile Architectural 2D and 3D drawings of the existing measured survey ready for the future submission to the local authority for the planning application and correct information for the concept stage.
Concept Design Proposals
- Implementation of the ‘client’s brief’ via preparation of our ideas through the concept design stage incorporating design, form, and function, this starts the interaction with client’s and works towards the preferred design option.
- Pre-application advise meeting with the local authority can be advantageous at this stage if the project has many complexities.
- The concept designs are refined, and our client’s comments are welcomed to develop the scheme further and make sure all elements of the agreed brief have been incorporated.
- Preparation of final planning drawings ready for submission to the Local Authority, we submit everything via the online planning portal and to provide all necessary liaisons with the planning officer during the application.
Technical Design & Building Regulations
Normally once planning has been granted, we help select, construction technique, process and procurement and appoint a structural engineer and any other consultants to secure building regulations approval via either Local Authority Building Control or Private Building Control.
Construction drawings and specifications are prepared and submitted.
Consisting of detailed plans, elevations, sections & specifications, schedules, mechanical & electrical layouts, heating & plumbing details, interior details and thermal compliance.
- The building regulations package is developed further to incorporate any other elements of works that need to be incorporated to deliver the project.
- Liaising with manufacturers to ascertain provisional sums/costs associated to individual items/products.
- On receipt of tenders, we would know the duration of a project and contract sum, we would advise our client on the overall programme and evaluate the costs.
Site Construction & Contract Administration
- To appoint a successful contractor and draw up the building contract.
- Administration of the contract documentation, chair site meetings, liaise and advise during contract period on financial progress, through to completion.
- Make periodic site visits during the construction process and ensure quality control on site and undertake minor defects /snagging studies and handover the project to our client with all certifications in place.
Get in touch
Tell us about your project? We’d love to hear from you.